Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A True Story of Love Before First Sight


This is a true story. I am the leading lady and he is my leading man. It does not end here! Well… I think it would not end here. I suppose it is not really ending here. Ok, so what do you think, does it really ends here?

What ends where?

Inside the mediocre chatroom, I made myself at home as possible. It is one of the most popular and one of the most loaded chatroom in a very popular chat service program that I can name (for it’s alias of course!) Yahoo Messenger. I’m getting bored with the things I’m always used to type with the details I’m forced to give, over and over again. “Ruby, 14, F, LPC” Yeah right! The NASL that stands for Name, Age, Sex and Location. Then, all of a sudden there’s a small box that appeared in my monitor that caught my entire attention. “Anung name niyo po?” And for the first time, I got a PM (Private Message) from a total stranger that is NASL free.

I was moved. And he, Michael, as he introduced himself to me is very courteous. He seems to be someone that won’t do anything to anybody. He is a basketball varsity player from an elite university. He is studying Civil Engineering at that time. The conflict was, he is six years older than me. And now, everytime we chat, it’s always on my mind to think that if ever I’ll fall in love with him, will age really doesn’t matter?

Ok so I guess it wouldn’t. He courted me. It was on my birthday that I’d decided, instead of receiving a gift from someone, it’s better to give someone a gift. A gift that I would not just be buying on some store I will pass by. A gift that—in fact cannot be bought. I said… yes.

Then not so long after he and I got together, without really being “together” problems, different kind of problems rushed in. There’s someone who claimed to be his GF, who seems to be like a total terrorist, there’s this “Sorry, I cannot be with you in this hour, I have someone to be with kasi eh, classmate ko sa Theology. Ingatz Mahal” Then the worst part: ” I’ll be going to the States for an operation. I have lung cancer” Then her ate started chatting with me and keeping me posted of how he was doing. I couldn’t believe it. I know it’s not true. I cannot believe it, nor accept the fact that Faye, his older sister, one day told me that “Michael is no one but a corpse now. Don’t be shocked.”

Too late. I am already been!

As a matter of fact I do not know if it’s just a set-up or what. I don’t know a thing. I can't absorb what the situation is trying to tell me. He can just- they could just make it all up! But one thing’s sure, I am not that wise enough to know how a nineteen-year old man could be that serious with a mere fourteen year-old girl.

Now, put the blame on me.

1 comment:

Nicely said...

i love the cartoon effect. nakarelate ako. hehe!